Technical Support Engineer (West)
Full-time employment – Location: Remote – Travel required: Up to 30%
Brainreader is one of the most exciting MedTech companies thanks to the Neuroreader® software, an assessment tool for healthcare professionals. Neuroreader® helps improve the lives of patients with brain disorders by assisting the medical staff in discovering otherwise overlooked diseases and ensuring patients quick and correct medical treatment. Through its work, Brainreader aims to provide quantifiable and accurate insight into the brain. Read more about Brainreader.
Role and Responsibilities
The Technical Support Engineer will deliver a range of technical services to Brainreader’s new and existing customers. They will work with the Customer Success Manager and Sales team to ensure successful project delivery. The Technical Support Engineer will work with the customer’s IT staff and/or PACS Administrator to implement and execute installations/testing of our customers’ sites of our Neuroreader solutions and then will facilitate its “go live”. They will provide troubleshooting expertise and liaise with the development team at Denmark headquarters as needed. The Technical Support Engineer will report to the Director of Professional Services.
- Will be responsible for Service Desk and respond to customer problems (phone/tickets).
- Prioritize workload based on established SLA and priority.
- Analyze and troubleshoot the workflow of a complex integration of network devices, workstations, servers and software.
- Log and document all incidents in the ITSM (Jira) and resolve client problems.
- Act as a technical point contact/go to person to assist and guide staff throughout the troubleshooting process, product knowledge and processes ramp up within assigned Team.
- Participate in software requirements reviews as well as design reviews with a particular mindset into the supportability of the software.
- Provide input into the creation of Knowledge Documentation to be published in the customer portal to give valuable information to our customers.
- Verify required PACS and Modality integrations and assist with workflow testing.
- Identify and execute opportunities to optimize the customer’s overall workflows.
- Identify and help solve issues related to the Neuroreader Mediation Server, PACS, DICOM, HL7, modalities, etc.
- Liaise with project vendors, network/IT staff and our staff at the Denmark headquarters.
- Run all necessary sanity checks and implementation checks for projects (ie. implementation checklist, etc.)
- Potentially be involved in some hardware setup/testing or verification (includes modalities, servers, workstations, storage devices, etc.)
- Participate in the testing of future Mediation Server versions before release
- Assist and support Neuroreader and Mediation Server Upgrades remotely by assisting in the testing and troubleshooting of the test and production environment.
- Resolve/delegate any issues outstanding after completing installation/upgrade (may require assisting customer by phone and/or emails).
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Degree in computer science, IT related sphere, or equivalent industry experience
- Experience with medical imaging equipment (e.g.: modalities, film printers/digitizers, high-resolution medical monitors, etc.)
- Thorough knowledge of PACS and Clinical Information Systems for Radiology, DICOM and related services including workflow.
- Experience (1 to 2 years) with Linux operating systems (file system navigation, viewing/editing files, networking, etc.)
- Master with clinical data transfer protocols and interfaces (DICOM, HL7, XML, etc.)
- HTML, XML, and Database SQL
- Must understand installation, configuration and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking and accessory equipment.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Success at managing a demanding customer base in a time sensitive fashion
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team
- 2+ Years’ experience in implementation of Radiology products or software
- Solid experience with Windows environment (e.g.: partitioning, hardware, drivers, networking, security, troubleshooting, etc.)
We’ll be conducting interviews on a continuous basis.